La montre Jeager-Lecoultre peut se targer d'une longue histoire.">The Jaeger-Lecoultre watch has a long history. It was in 1833 that Antoine LeCoultre founded his own workshop for the production of gears. In 1866, he built a large building, under the roof of which he assembled the functions of watchmaker, turner and miller. He then bought modern machines, powered by a steam engine. "La grande Maison" was thus the first watchmaking factory in the valley of Joux, in Switzerland. At the beginning of the 20th century, the grandson of the founder, Jacques-David LeCoultre, began making complex and flat movements for a Parisian watchmaker, Edmond Jaeger. The latter was surprised by the quality of the movements provided which was the genesis of the rapprochement of the two companies: Jeager Lecoultre. In the 1970s, the factory encountered difficulties and was taken over by the German group VDO (rebasptised after Mannesmann). Under the leadership of Gunter Bluhmlein, Jaeger-LeCoultre survived the difficult years of the quartz crisis and climbed up the slope in the 1980s, with the return of the triumph of innovation. Competence and capacity were among the best arguments for Mannesmann's sale of its watchmaking division (with IWC and A. Lange & Sohne) to the Richemont group in 2000.
Over the past 10 years, the factory has been constantly expanded and improved.Jeager LeCoultre's watchmakers have developed more than 50 new calibres, including minute repeats, great complications and whirlpools. Just like chronographs, perpetual calendars and watch winding with 15-day walking reserves. Manufacture ensures its intellectual property with more than 50 patents in waiting.